Texas Children's Pavilion for Women
Texas Children's Pavilion for Women provides women, mothers and babies with a full continuum of high-quality, expert healthcare at every stage of their lives. Volunteers are an integral part of the healthcare team, lending their unique skills and talents and providing support to adult patients, families and staff in various capacities within the hospital.
Volunteers are asked to make a commitment to volunteer for a minimum of 3 hours a week on a regular basis for many months. Prospective volunteers are strongly encouraged to consider the time commitment, consistency and dedication necessary to make the volunteer experience beneficial to both you as a volunteer and to the patients, families and hospital staff we serve. All volunteers at the Pavilion must be over the age of 18. Volunteer opportunities for teens ages 15-18 are available at the Main Campus.
While we DO NOToffer opportunities for clinical observation and/or shadowing medical staff, we are currently recruiting volunteers for the following roles:
- Gift Shop/Boutique—Volunteers assist retail staff in providing friendly customer service and support to patients, families, visitors and staff.
- Patient & Family Support—Women's Specialty Unit—Volunteers visit expectant mothers who are in the hospital for monitoring and provide conversational support, offer recreational/craft activities and encourage patients (who are able) to participate in various group activities.
- Resource Ambassador—Welcome Desk—As one of the first warm welcoming faces visitors see volunteers greet patients, families and visitors and provide hospital resource information.
- Scrapbooking—Help families in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit capture baby pictures and create scrapbooks to celebrate the new addition to their family.
- Sibling Playroom—Volunteers provide normalizing play experiences for siblings of infants admitted to the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. This tremendous service provides an opportunity for parents to spend precious time with their newborn and a chance for families to bond.
- Staff Support—Volunteers assist staff with a variety of administrative tasks from patient/family class and tour registration, relaying messages in outpatient clinical settings, and running errands to ensure our staff can focus on providing excellent patient care.
If you are interested in one of the volunteer assignments listed above, please complete our online volunteer application here. For additional inquires, please contact Texas Children's Pavilion for Women Volunteer Services Department at 832-826-3063.