Texas Children’s Volunteer Services
Volunteer Services Mission
The Volunteer Services Department at Texas Children's Hospital is committed to maintaining an active program of support, compassion and quality service for the community of children and families we serve, as well as the staff of Texas Children's Hospital, while providing meaningful and challenging opportunities for those who volunteer.
When joining the Volunteer Services team at TCH, you will become a part of a diverse group of over 800 active Auxiliary members who support patients, families and Hospital staff through a number of assignments throughout the Texas Children's system. Although we do not offer opportunities for clinical exposure and/or shadowing medical staff, we do offer a number of exciting and rewarding volunteer assignments at each of our 3 locations: Texas Children's Hospital (Medical Center), Texas Children's Hospital West Campus (Katy) and Texas Children's Pavilion for Women (Medical Center).
Most of our vounteer programs require a minimum commitment of 2-3 hours a week. Daytime, evening and/or weekend assignments are available.
Please visit the links below for additional information about the various volunteer opportunities. We hope that you will find an opportunity to fit your interests and availability to help us support the mission of Texas Children's Hospital.
- Main Campus - Located in the Texas Medical Center, volunteers assist in many ways, but usually support pediatric patients by playing games, interacting with families and assisting with administrative duties.
- Pavilion for Women - Located in the Texas Medical Center, provides women with a full continuum of high quality, expert health care. Volunteer opportunities support adult patients, families and staff.
- West Campus - Located in Katy, West Campus offers expert pediatric outpatient services, inpatient care, surgical services and pediatric emergency center. Volunteer support patients, families and staff through various volunteer assignments.
- Juniors/ Teens - Located in the Texas Medical Center at Main Campus, junior volunteers between the ages of 15-18 volunteer their time interacting with patients or administrative duties.
- Groups, Community Organizations & One Time Opportunities - Offsite volunteer opportunities and projects.
Become a Volunteer
1) Read about each volunteer opportunity and determine which opportunity you are interested in joining.
2) Follow the application instructions for the volunteer opportunity you have selected.
|Contact Volunteer Services- Main Campus
||Volunteer Services Department
6621 Fannin Street
Houston, TX 77030